I. What Information We Collect, How We Collect It, & Why We Collect It
The types of personal information that may be gathered by us in connection with your use of this website includes the following (collectively your “Personal Information”):
- Your name, address, email address, insurance policy number, employer identity, information about your training, credentials, state license, specialty and other information.
- Information regarding your use of educational or informational materials or services, including the courses or materials you have viewed or accessed.
- If you make a payment via this website, information about the financial transaction may be collected. We do not store credit card information. If you make a payment on our website, we may process financial information through a third party payment processor, but we will not store that financial information.
- We use software tools to monitor website activity. For each visit to our website, we may also collect or track information about your use and your device through technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and log files. These technologies help gather certain information, such as, but not limited to, application and device ID numbers, browser type, the date and/or time stamps associated with your visit, IP address (or proxy server), internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, location, the pages and files viewed, searches, and the operating system and system configuration information. Some of the information collected, whether alone or in conjunction with other information, could be personally identifying to you.
These are some, but not all, of the kinds of information that may be necessary or convenient for us to collect in order to serve your insurance-related needs, or to provide you with other services available via the LAMMICO website. We may collect or track other Personal Information to the extent not in violation of any applicable law. The information may also be used for our security in general and to:
- analyze overall trends that can help us assess and improve your experience
- help us provide and improve our website and to guarantee its proper functioning and security
- identify future opportunities for development and identify new insured or client opportunities
Personal Information may be used or disclosed for various purposes, such as to monitor aggregate activity and trends, to improve site content, to comply with any laws, treaties, rules or regulations or to achieve other business purposes.
When used in the aggregate, the Personal Information is known as “Aggregate Information”, which means information that relates to a group or category of individuals, from which individual identities have been removed, that is not linked or reasonably linkable to any individual. Aggregate Information does not mean one or more individual records that have been deidentified.
II. Protecting Personal Information
We may use and disclose Personal Information to third parties, as outlined in the Sharing of Information section, except to the extent such use or disclosure clearly violates applicable law. We strive to maintain electronic and procedural safeguards to comply with federal and state regulations and guard nonpublic personal information. Although we believe that we have reasonable procedures and technologies in place to protect against unauthorized disclosure of nonpublic personal information, we offer no assurances that our controls and techniques will prevent all unauthorized disclosures or breaches in security. Thus, we cannot guarantee that information posted on, collected by or transmitted to, from, through or for this website will always remain confidential or private.
III. Sharing of Information
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties. We may share information with our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, business consultants or other third parties with whom we may do business. We may disclose information about our website users to these parties in connection with their services or in conducting business we view necessary or convenient. For example, producers, insurance agents, and brokers who market and sell our products may have access to the certificates of insurance and may have access to such other information as we view as necessary or convenient in conducting our or their business. Entities that do credentialing may also have access to certificates of insurance. Other persons, such as your office manager or risk manager may have access to your certificates of insurance.
Occasionally, we may do business with, use affiliated companies or retain third parties including, but not limited to, our web server host, website designer, information technology support technicians, auditors or business consultants, or other third parties. Some of these parties may perform various support services for us or provide consulting or other services to us or for our website users. We may disclose information about our website users to these parties in connection with their services or in connection with conducting business.
We may also disclose your use of, and other information about, educational and informational services for the purpose of reporting it to credentialing, continuing education, certification, licensing, and other healthcare regulating entities. Some credentialing entities require us to submit data through a third party, and we make no warranties whatsoever on behalf of such third parties. Your responsibility is to confirm with your credentialing entity that all credits have been reported.
When we believe a disclosure is, or appears likely, required by law or in answering or otherwise responding to any lawful discovery, investigation or subpoena, we may disclose personal, private, confidential or other information. In cooperation with local, state and federal law enforcement investigations and with local, state and federal regulators, auditors and other governmental agencies or bodies, we may disclose personal, private, confidential or other information, with or without prior notice to you.
IV. Cookies, Web Beacons, Log Files and Other Tracking Technologies
We may also use web beacons on our website and in email communications to improve our website and email communications. For example, we or an authorized third party may place a web beacon in a marketing email that notifies us when a link in the email is clicked and directs you to our website. Our marketing emails will contain an unsubscribe feature. Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive important business notification related to your relationship with us, such as information about your insurance policy.
V. Text and Image Hyperlinks
VI. Other Information