Physicians & Surgeons
Physicians & Surgeons Medical Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
LAMMICO offers Medical Professional Liability Insurance to physicians and surgeons in either Claims-Made or Occurrence form, depending on the state of practice.
We don’t offer one-size-fits-all coverage – we help you choose the products and services that are best for your practice or facility. Contact a LAMMICO Marketing Representative today to receive information regarding coverage in your area, or enter your zip code to see what LAMMICO coverages are available where you practice. Click here to get started.
Why Physicians & Surgeons Choose LAMMICO Medical Professional Liability Coverage:
- Aggressive Legal Defense - LAMMICO closes about 90% of cases without indemnity payment because we have the best available, most experienced local counsel
- Consent to Settle - It's your reputation at stake, so our physician insureds make the final decision to move forward with litigation or settle according to your unique preferences
- Free Cyber Liability Coverage - No deductible and includes a $10,000 limit to cover defense, fines, and audit costs resulting from RAC audits, billing errors, and cyber liability
- Free Tail Coverage - We waive the reporting endorsement premium in the event of death, permanent disability, or retirement while a Claims-Made policy is in force. With respect to a retiring practitioner, certain age and number of years insured requirements apply.
- Risk Management Resources – We offer live lectures and online courses so you can learn to avoid claims. You can also earn credits to reduce the basic limits portion of your LAMMICO insurance premium by 10% every year.
- Financial Stability - AM Best considers LAMMICO an "A" rated (Excellent) company -- so strong that we have been able to return a dividend to our policyholders every year since 2008
- Personalized Claim Handling – Superior, service-oriented representatives ensure personal contact and attendance at trial, no matter where you are located
- Enduring Partnerships - Our commitment to healthcare providers since 1981 and advocacy in the courts and Legislature leads to a 91% policyholder retention rate
Medical professional liability insurance coverage is for errors or omissions causing injury during the performance of a medical professional's duties.